At the River Camps ( HutCAMP or CAMPING SITE )
- If you book out one of the River Camps you will have exclusive use of a small fixed wooden yeti on the river, two double kayaks, a campfire spot right on the bank and a lapa kitchen area with indoor braai.
- At the HutCAMP you will have exclusive use of 2 to 6 sleeping huts depending on the number of guests.
- At the CAMPSITE you will have the option to book two small free standing huts with the camping site.
- A volley ball court and trampoline situated between the two River Camps are shared by all guests.
- Fishing, swimming or paddling in the Breede River
- At the HutCAMP you have the option of booking DSTV premium. No TV at the CAMPSITE.
- Socializing in the lapa / kitchen areas or cooking on the fire.
On the Farm
- Do the TOKTOKKIE footpath up the koppie on the farm. About a three quarter of an hour walk up from the river and back. Other photo walks or other walks on the farm to enjoy the scenery or the cows grazing in the fields.
- Informal kayak trips down the river for those who are comfortable in deep water. Good swimmers only please.
- Go for a run on the dirt roads between farms or bring your mountain bike along.
- Ask us about the small farm nursery and plants for sale.
- Wine tours in the area or relaxed visits at local wine cellars and wine estates.
- Park Run Saturdays 8h00 at Weltevrede Wine Estate
- Eat out at Kapokbos at Weltevrede Wine Estate
- Visit the De Wijngarten Wine Boetiek next to the Parmalat cheese shop in Bonnievale.
- River cruises with Breede River Goose Boat Cruises or Viljoensdrift Fine Wines & River Cruises
- Eating out at Outdoor Arena, Relish @ Route 62, Weltevrede Wine Estate or La Montanara
- Visit Bonfrutti, Spanspek se Plek, Greenlands Farm Table or La Montanara Deli on the R60 between Swellendam and Ashton, just a 10 minute drive from Breede Escape, for lovely views and eats and treats !!
- Take a scenic drive to Swellendam or other surrounding towns in the area
- Visits to Leopard Trail mountain farm for 4 x 4 drives, hiking and moutain biking. By prior arrangement only.
- Visit the Parmalat factory cheese shop on Saturday mornings or week days to buy cheese at factory rates.
- Visit the Mooivallei Suiwel cheese shop close to the golf course and enjoy the friendly country atmosphere
- Visit Die Handelshuis in Main Road
- Visit Klasi Lifestyle Expo a rustic furniture store
- Take a scenic drive on the R60 and visit Swellendam, Ashton, Montagu or Robertson while you are here.
- Book a trip with the Wine Valley Safari to visit some wine farms in the area. See www.winevalleysafari.com
- Book a trip with the New Cape Central Railway for a delightful trip with a steam train. See www.nccr.co.za
- Visit the Under the Oaks Market in the main road Swellendam 10h00 - 14h00 on Saturdays for music, good coffee and stalls with unique crafts and gifts and delicious produce.
Facebook Swellendam Tourism Experience or www.swellendam-info.co.za