Rates & Enquiries
* Please note that rates increase yearly at the beginning of December *
Please not that we do not allow youth groups, nudist groups or bachelor's parties.
|River Camp 1: sleeps max 12 adults with or without children ( 6 doubles and 6 single beds, extra mattresses can be booked if more kids )
||At River Camp I six huts each with a double and 2 single beds|
|Week nights||R2000 per River Camp per night if week nights only|
|Two night weekends||R8000 per two night weekend per River Camp. Book and pay full cost of accommodation within 2 days and qualify for a 30 % discount on the cost of the accommodation.|
|Third night as part of weekend||R2000 per night for the extra night or nights|
|River Camp 2: sleeps max 16 adults in huts and allows 10 more children to camp with
||At River Camp 2 eight huts each with two single beds
|Week nights per River Camp per group||R2000 per River Camp per night if week nights only|
|DISCOUNT offered early bird payments !!||
This offer is applicable to all months of the year on weekends as well.
If you book and settle the full cost of the accommodation within 3 days you qualify for a 30 % discount on the cost of the accommodation. The discount does not apply to bedding, extra ice, dishes service etc.
EXCLUSIVE USE: If you book out a River Camp you will have exclusive use of all facilities at this Camp, even if you are a small group. You will have the use of the 6 or 8 bedroom huts at your Camp, as well as your own lapa / kitchen with indoor braai, campfire spot, two double kayaks and a small wooden deck at the bank of the river for easier access to the water.
River Camp 1 with 6 huts each with a double and a single bed, a toilet and basin. Maximum 12 adults please.
River Camp 2 with 8 huts each with two single beds. Maximum 16 adults please.
|Bedding available||R40 per bed|
|Farewell dishes||R200 per River Camp to leave dishes on departure|
|Mattress single||R40 per extra mattress for child to use at River Camp I|
|Each bedroom hut has a double bed and one single bed with space for an extra child if necessary|
Arrival on the farm
The River Camp will be open and ready for you to settle in and enjoy from 2h00. On Saturdays or week days you can make a special arrangement with us and if we do not have a departing group on the day you might be able to arrive earlier As you arrive on the farm, please follow the River Camps sign. No need to pick up a key ! Please let us know at +27 (0) 82 895 7951 if you need assistance with anything else.
We do not have office hours on the farm, but we are available on the mobile all the time. Please settle all bills two days before arrival by EFT and send us the proof of payment to secure the booking. We do not have card facilities on the farm.
If you buy more wood or ice during your stay, you will need cash for that.
Important Information To All Overnight Guests
1. We provide rain water for drinking purposes at the River Camps. We do not drink the water in the taps. If you want to, bring bottled water along.
2. Please see to your children who cannot swim. We have lots of water features all around on the farm.
Breede Escape does not accept any responsibility for the safety of persons who cannot swim or are under the influence of alcohol. Persons under the influence of alcohol or who cannot swim are not allowed in or on the river or close to the farm dams.
3. Kayaks at the river: they easily float away in the river; please hook them in after use. We provide ropes with hooks.
4. Paddles: Please take the paddles out of the river completely after use and put them back in the lapa area.
5. Please bring safety equipment with for your children who cannot swim. We cannot see to their safety and the river is very deep as you go in. The level of the river varies throughout the year, so please be careful even if you visited before. Many guests rather decide to bring small inflatable pools for the little ones to play in and cool down.
6. We do not allow any music at the river camps. This is a strict rule.
7. The hot water at the River Camps is gas operated. Please let us know if your water is cold.
8. Fires allowed at allocated fireplaces only. In strong wind fires are allowed at the inside fireplaces only. Only chopped wood may be used for fires. Please discuss spitbraai positions with us before you start and place make sure that you keep a good distance from the thatched roofs.
9. Please bring insect repellent along for insects and please be on the lookout for snakes especially in hot conditions.
For safety reasons it is a good idea for children to rather wear shoes at night especially on hot summer nights.
10. Feel free to contact us 24 hours during your stay.
Please DRIVE SAFELY!
Please note that the level of the river varies all the time. The river at the camps are very deep most of the time however. Please discuss the safety issues with us before paddling or swimming. Safety First!